Monday, November 28, 2011

Charley

I read this book recently...

Synopsis of the book ::: John Steinbeck travels across America with his dog (Charley) for 3 months or so.  He writes about his encounters with other people and his own thoughts as he journeys across America.

Finishing the book, I really wanted to get a dog, name him Charley and take him with me on my year-long run across Iowa. 

I asked one of my friends if this was a good idea.  

He responded, "No."

So I didn't.  

It wouldn't be smart to bring an animal with me.  I don't think many of my host homes would enjoy that.



However, on my way home today, I had a brilliant thought, instead of bringing a real animal, I could bring a stuffed animal... 

:::So I thought I would bring a stuffed Wolf with me:::


Just messing...


Actually, I thought I would bring along a stuffed animal.


::: I would like to introduce to you to :::

Charley 
(fitting huh?)


I've had this old muppet toy for a long time.

Maybe it will become my Wilson...  Hopefully not.  Hopefully I won't get too lonely on my trek...


I find even more meaning in taking Charley with me, cause my Gramps (who passed away several years ago) was a huge fan of this stuffed animal.

And my gramps middle name was Charles.     

Donald Charles Howe


Miss ya gramps!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment